I was invited to speak last week at my children’s school for career day. The school has a non verbal child that listens really well, but I noticed he was trying to find things to do with his hands a lot. The teacher asked if he could pet “V” the Pug, who has been doing therapy for years now. I set the leash down and stepped on it while he was petting so I could continue to set up my things. After a few minutes he noticed the leash was on the floor. He pulled up a chair and held on to the leash at the front of the classroom until the teacher said it was time to go. He looked so proud holding the leash. LOL It’s moments like these that make me excited about my next adventure! I enjoyed talking to the children…I love to hear their dog stories!
Search Dog Training Blogs
Recent Dog Training Blogs
- Is it time for you to add a new member to the family?
- When should you start training your new dog?
- Unwanted Behaviors
- Can you fix every dog?
- Resource Guarding
- Walking with your dog should be like therapy.
- Dogs helping children
- Therapy with dogs in today’s world
- My new blog
- What is really happening when you punish a behavior out of your dog?