Due to COVID-19 we know some people are nervous to get out into public, but they know they need to start training their dogs asap. We have taken the following precautions to help you and our staff feel more comfortable as we begin opening for group classes.
- Practice Social Distancing
- We are opening the doors for the clients so they don’t have to touch them after someone else. Your instructor will come to the entrance door and open it when it is time for class. Please leave at least 12 feet between you and other students while waiting. Take the time to potty your pup. Poop bags are by the entrance door.
- Students will enter through the main door located on the left (west) end and exit through the right (east) door after class.
- There will be 15 minutes between classes so that staff has time to clean in between each class.
- The restrooms will be disinfected (handles, faucets, etc) between classes. Wash hands thoroughly, use a paper towel to open the door and then toss it.
- We cannot guarantee we will have access to hand sanitizer, so BYO or wash hands often.
- Please bring your own water for you and your dog. ONLY WATER IS ALLOWED ON THE ASTROTURF.
- We are not requiring gloves or masks, but you are certainly welcome to wear them if they make you feel more comfortable. We will coach you if dogs are nervous about these items.
- We are practicing social distancing by setting your work spaces at least 10-12 feet apart. When two people have their dogs on 6-foot leashes, they need at least this far so the dogs can’t touch.
- We will have metal chairs set up as stations. Feel free to bring your own chair and we will remove ours for you!
- We are not allowing children under 16, unless discussed with us to keep the human numbers low. We have no more than 8 student dogs in a 5,000 sq ft space.
- If you are sick or have someone in your household who is sick, STAY HOME. If we see anybody exhibiting symptoms of feeling ill, we will ask them to come back when they are feeling better.
- We will NOT touch your leash or training aids unless necessary. We will ask first, so you have the chance to ask for distance.
Please let us know if you need anything further or have any questions for us.
Precious K9’s has been doing online dog training for years!
Contact us to find out more.
More information on COVID-19 and pets: https://www.avma.org/resources-tools/animal-health-and-welfare/covid-19/sars-cov-2-animals-including-pets